The past year brought a number of changes and challenges, but as we look forward in 2021, Helmke Library is confident in our continued ability to serve faculty, student, and staff needs on campus.
As we start the new semester, we want you to be aware of what’s new at the library:
- Due to COVID’s ongoing impact on staffing, the library temporarily will be closed on the weekends and will close at 7 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 5 p.m. on Fridays, with virtual reference available until 9 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 5 p.m. on Fridays. Most of our resources are available at any time through our website. We will return to weekend and additional evening hours as soon as our staff levels will allow. Updates to our hours will be posted on our website. If you require a study space after hours, the bridge to Walb and the 24-Hour lounge in Neff are available. If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to the library management team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The new Digital Arts + Humanities Lab and Digital Initiatives webpages help support digital resource and digital scholarship needs. Explore the mDON digital archives, learn more about the DA+H Lab and its available technologies, reserve a DA+H workstation, access digital humanities tools and help documentation, schedule a consultation or instruction, and more.
- Faculty can visit our Library Teaching Services guide for a full list of and access to our information literacy and writing online tutorials. These modules and videos can be embedded into Brightspace courses.
We are still offering our full range of services:
- Our Service Desk on the first floor is open to answer questions and checkout materials, including books, laptops, and more.
- Librarians are here to help and available for in-person and virtual reference consultations and instruction sessions.
- We are continually developing our research by topic and specialty guides to point you to the best resources for your needs — from resources for a research paper to guidance on copyright to open source materials and platforms, and more.
- Explore our FAQ page for answers to frequently asked questions.
- The Writing Center will continue with virtual consultations, and Speech and Presentation Services still offers virtual appointments.
The library continues to follow COVID-19 safety protocols, including requiring mask-wearing and social distancing and closing study rooms, to help keep our PFW community safe and healthy in 2021.