Starting July 1, Helmke Library resumed in-person services. While we still have our robust virtual services and digital resources, you are welcome to visit the library in person to check out materials, study, use the computer lab, and more. Our open hours are posted on our website.
Laptop checkouts will continue, but starting in the fall semester will return to a 24-hour checkout period.
You will notice some updates to the library, like Plexiglas at the Service Desk and hand sanitizing stations, to help keep us all as safe as possible. While in the building, we ask our patrons to help ensure the safety of our community by:
- Wearing a mask properly in place, covering both your nose and mouth.
- Using the cleaning supplies available at the Service Desk to clean table areas before you sit down and as you leave.
- Keeping 6 feet of distance from other people and following one-way directional signs, including on stairways.
- Limiting the number of people sitting at a table to 1-2.
- Washing your hands frequently, and refraining from touching your face.
As recommended by campus guidelines, please stay home if you feel sick, have a temperature or other COVID-related symptoms, or suspect you’ve been exposed to the virus, to lessen the risk of spreading the virus. We will be happy to help accommodate your needs through our virtual services.