As Helmke Library transitions to Purdue, we are making every effort to minimize changes while summer classes are in session. If you are planning to teach a summer course that incorporates library resources, here are a few things you should know:
- Express Search and the IUCAT catalog will remain available throughout Summer I, but will be retired from the library’s website before Summer II begins.
- For Summer II, our new catalog and Library Search will fully replace the functionality of Express Search and IUCAT.
- The Database A-Z list will remain the same, and our Library Search will also feature a new A-Z journal list.
- The URL for all Subject and Course guides will change to the “PFW” domain on May 7, before Summer I begins. This means that any link to guides.library.ipfw.edu will become guides.library.pfw.edu. Please update any guide links in your syllabi or Blackboard courses. Old links will be redirected to the new system, but updating your content will provide our students with a smoother transition. This change will not affect the library’s homepage.
- If you use a subject or course guide for your summer classes, please contact your librarian. We will be updating guides throughout the summer, and we will prioritize guides in active use by summer courses.
- Course reserves may be requested through the usual link for both Summer I and Summer II. Reserves will be listed in IUCAT for Summer I and in our new Library Search for Summer II.