The faculty and staff at Helmke Library are pleased to share new information about our transition to Purdue. We’re committed to making sure that you have the resources you need throughout the transition process. Here’s what you need to know:
- Reserves, Document Delivery, and loans from the Helmke Library collection will remain available throughout our transition.
- Items you have checked out from IU Libraries other than Helmke Library will be due on or before March 2, 2018.
- You may renew these items, but the new due date will not extend beyond March 2. Items from Helmke Library will renew as usual.
- IU may charge a replacement fee for these books if they are overdue at the end of the semester.
- Not sure if you have items from other IU Libraries? The library associated with each book is listed in IUCAT. Here’s how to check:
- Log in to IUCAT and select “My Account.”
- Look for the library name and due date for each item.
- If you need materials from other IU Libraries beyond the March 2 due date, contact your librarian as soon as possible.
- The library has a plan in place to purchase copies of needed materials whenever possible.
- Document Delivery is available for items we are unable to add to our collection.
- The request delivery feature in IUCAT will be turned off after December 18.
- If there are any materials you need the library to purchase for spring or summer classes, contact your librarian.
- The library will accept purchase requests until March 2, 2018.
- Items requested for purchase after March 2 may be delayed until mid-summer when the new system is up and running.
- We look forward to the debut of a new catalog and discovery system next summer!